UN Youth Auckland is looking for motivated and pragmatic university students to join our Outreach Committee for 2021!
Applications are due with a copy of your CV by 11:59PM Monday 5th April 2021 to Vaiola Tauti, the Auckland Regional President, at [email protected].
Further information about the role and application process can be found here!
UN Youth Auckland is taking our outreach programme to new heights! We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers who want to be a part of the exciting changes we have planned. UN Youth Auckland will be appointing Outreach Committee members to oversee our important outreach programme.
The Auckland Regional Council has a goal of increasing the quality and impact of our outreach programme. We aim to host events in South and West Auckland, and at least three outreach events in regions out of Auckland such as Northland, Bay of Plenty and Waikato, to engage with youth who are based in regional cities in the second half of 2021. The events will provide a range of interactive civics education workshops.
The Auckland Regional Council’s Māori and Pasifika Liaison, Sandra Mausia, will oversee the committee and work closely with each committee member to ensure the success of the programme. The committee will be responsible for setting the vision of the outreach programme before creating the educational and promotional material as a team.
Each committee member will then manage the organisation of one outreach event. The responsibilities of a committee member will include:
● Meeting regularly with the committee and contributing to an inclusive team culture
● Proactively liaising with external parties including schools and community groups
● Arranging logistics for their outreach event such as creating a runsheet and budget, confirming catering and solving problems that arise on the day
● Creating additional educational content for their outreach event if necessary
● Facilitating workshops at their outreach event
● Directly reporting to the Māori and Pasifika Liaison