Aotearoa Youth Declaration - Delegates Registrations
Time & Location
About the Event
Aotearoa Youth Declaration is one of UN Youth’s flagship conferences. We gather participants age 13-18 (Years 9-13) from all over Aotearoa to write the Youth Declaration, which represents a youth perspective on public policy. During the conference, participants work in targeted Rōpū (groups) to create policy solutions on a broad range of problems. Each Rōpū examine issues in Aotearoa, such as access to voting, child poverty, or Te Reo in schools. Each Rōpū contributes a solution to their issue, and these solutions comprise the Aotearoa Youth Declaration document. The Aotearoa Youth Declaration document is passed on to decision-makers (MPs, local Councils and Boards, and influential people) to help them decide the future of Aotearoa.
If you are unable to pay upfront for the registration fee you can select the 'pay later' option. This means once your place at the conference has been confirmed you will be emailed an invoice for the registration fee.
If you would like to have your accommodation organised by the organisation, you can join the Regional Delegation. This experience includes around the clock care by first aid trained volunteers, accommodation, food and transportation from the accommodation facilities to the conference and back. You will be joined by a number of delegates from a variety of regions outside of Auckland that will share the Regional Delegation and Conference experience with you.
1. The Rainbow Voices scholarship (donated by Bhen Goodsir) for a student who identifies as trans, queer or takatāpui.
2. The Do Good Scholarship (donated by Gina Yukich) for a student who otherwise couldn't afford to attend AYD.
3. The Citizenship Scholarship (donated by Andrew Chen) for a student who is new to UN Youth.
4. The Regional Access Scholarship (donated by Jason Armishaw) for a student from outside the main city centres, to cover the registration fee, travel, and accommodation.
5. Regional Delegation Scholarship (awarded by the organising committee) for students who would not be able to attend the conference without staying with our accommodation service, the regional delegation.
6. The Travel Scholarship (awarded by the organising committee) to students who would otherwise be unable to travel to Auckland for the conference.
7. The Committee Scholarship (awarded by the organising committee) to students who would otherwise be unable to attend, display exceptional merit, and/or bring unique perspective and background to the conference.
If you are a teacher registering your students for this conference, please follow this link.
Regional Delegation registrations close on Friday the 2nd April and the conference applications close on Monday, 5th April. In the event of Auckland being at COVID level 2 or above during the date of the conference, it will move online.
Please Note: You will only have 20 minutes to fill in the registration form, so we would recommend writing out your answers first on a separate document and then paste them into the answer boxes. Additionally, you only have 400 characters for each long answer question which equates to around 64 words.
This registration submission authorises UN Youth New Zealand the right to capture my image and likeness in photos, videos and other media footage (“footage”). Additionally, it authorises UN Youth New Zealand the right to edit, publish and distribute any and all footage of me without any compensation to be used for any lawful purpose (e.g. creating promotional material). This registration submission authorises UN Youth New Zealand the right to collect, store and use any and all demographic information of me to be used for any lawful purpose (e.g. tracking who our organisation is reaching). This demographic information will not be individually identifiable. The foregoing authorisations shall continue indefinitely unless I otherwise revoke them in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the conference or registration process, please contact our Registration and Volunteers officer, Sophie Andrews, at email@example.com.
- Delegate Registration Fee$155$1550$0