April National Development Hui
Time & Location
About the Event
Kia ora and welcome to National Development Hui!
National Development Hui (NDH) is a unique opportunity for UN Youth volunteers to meet up, develop both personal and professional skills and share their perspectives on the development of UN Youth!
As the name suggests, NDH is focussed on development in three ways:
- Foster social development through team-building activities and social evenings
- Provide personal development through engaging workshops and kōrero sessions
- Lead organisational development through roundtable discussions and consultations sessions
The National Executive is extremely excited to announce that, for the first time ever, NDH will be held in person on Tuesday 6th April in Auckland. This is the day before Aotearoa Youth Declaration’s Volunteer Training Hui.
April NDH highlights include:
- External speaker on entrepreneurship
- External workshop on Māori engagement 101
- Kōrero sessions about leadership, welfare and equity
- Consultation session with the Board of Directors about our long-term strategy
- ‘Drinks with Alumni’ networking session to finish the day!
RSVP using the website form below by 11:59 pm Monday 29th March.
- When? 11:30 am - 6:00 pm on Tuesday 6th April followed by Drinks with Alumni at the Viaduct. We will go out for lunch together at 1:00 pm. We will provide some snacks for afternoon tea.
- Where? The University of Auckland’s Unleash Space (20 Symonds Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010).
- Cost: NDH is completely free to attend! You may also be able to obtain a flight subsidy to cover your costs (see this guide). You may also reach out to us if you would like to discuss other financial support.
- Who? NDH is open to all volunteers who are officeholders OR have volunteered for at least one UN Youth event in the past two years OR intend to volunteer for a UN Youth event within this year. Note that NDH has no strict attendee cap, but we may need to set one for logistical practicality.
Remember you must RSVP to attend!
Please send any general questions to the National President, Teresa Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send any finance questions to the National Finance Officer, Henry Seaton (email@example.com).
You must RSVP before 11:59 pm on Monday 29th March to attend this event.
This registration submission authorises UN Youth New Zealand the right to capture my image and likeness in photos, videos and other media footage (“footage”). Additionally, it authorises UN Youth New Zealand the right to edit, publish and distribute any and all footage of me without any compensation to be used for any lawful purpose (e.g. creating promotional material).This registration submission authorises UN Youth New Zealand the right to collect, store and use any and all demographic information of me to be used for any lawful purpose (e.g. tracking who our organisation is reaching). This demographic information will not be individually identifiable. The foregoing authorisations shall continue indefinitely unless I otherwise revoke them in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.